Saturday, March 14, 2009

Back from a deep slumber, a sudden gush of chill air blew from the wide window. I opened my eyes to the sound of a steady drip, like a piano staccatto.
Hasty, because i was running late for class, i ran out with the cold wind blowing on my face. The smell of wet grass permeated the air as heaven's tears soaked my blouse wet.
Small drops of clear water on my spectacles obscured my vision. My left foot, landed in a patch of sticky soil. Swearing, i tilted my head to regard the heaven above.
Above, it was as if a painter had painted the pure, white clouds with too many combinations of colour, that only the darker ones stood out. Grey, black and hazy purple.
Glancing again at the ticking device on my right wrist, i took big steps in my heels as a song from Barry Manilow sounded in my head.
"Raindrops keep falling on my head, they keep falling....."
Finally, upon reaching a shelter from receiving the generous pearl-like gifts from the sky above, a thought popped in my mind.

"I need Nescafe."


p/s: I'm no e.e cummings. So, forgive my not so creative literature.

~nad~

No comments:

Post a Comment