Friday, April 10, 2009

tell me.

I was playing football with my roomate on one morning. The weather was brilliant! Not too hot and not too cold. We jogged around the park twice and we felt really great. That guilt of eating maruku last night while watching The Hills Have Eyes was finally banished from our conscience. The 9 o'clock sun was getting hotter, scorching our skins and evaporating our sweats. We decided to head back home. THEN, suddenly... WE saw one person we didn't quite like. NOt hate, it's just that that person annoys us so darned much.

I said "Uh-oh."
And i can tell my roomate was groaning inwardly. She was looking down to the ground,wishing,i was pretty sure to be anywhere but there at that particular moment.
And that person said,
"Why are u guys playing football?"
What a question. I replied, "We exercise!!" and smiled sheepishly.
"Yeah, so why are you playing football?"he asked again.
I blinked. Once, then twice.
How thick can this person be?
"Because... It's fun...?" My answer sounded like a question. Maybe because i didn't know what kind of answer he wanted.
Irritated, he said, "No, i mean, if you want to exercise, then why are you playing football? You girls should play netball! Why did you go and play football?"

I swear i could have screamed "YOU SEXIST -------!!!"
But I just stood there and smiled politely.
My ma and abah would be so proud of me because I have grown up into one sugar-spice-and-everything-nice girl.*gag* Finally my sharp tongue has lose its edges. Yaay.
None of those wise-cracks anymore. *sigh*


So what if i want to play football?
You can't tell me what to do.
I could have played rugby if i wanted and it wouldn't have affected him in any way at all.
You tell me what to do, I'll tell you this:

Mind your own business. =D

4 comments:

  1. he was corncering bot YA being bullied by you kot~ ngahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was corncering bot Ya being bullied by you kot~ ngahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. who're you talking about????
    im SO cluelessssss...

    ReplyDelete