Friday, February 27, 2009

mUse and musings

not this mUSE!



we are not marilyn monroe who goes "oooh~", like that.

privacy is important.




1.muse;

- something regarded as the source of artistic inspiration

2.muse;

-to consider thoughtfully or at length,ponder

i - the act or state of musing;reverie.

ii- wonder



One of the most influential people in my life is my brother. You could say that he is my muse for he was the one who inspired me in many ways since i was little. I tried to imagine my life without him. Not good! Because i would never be who i am today if it was not because of him. My dream of becoming the next Hayao Miyazaki was inspired by him. (and Miyazaki's work too, of course.) My brother is quite the artist himself. I have always liked his silly drawings and sketches. I thought he had a style of his own. I tried to be like him too. The only problem is, i could not draw as good as him. Hence, i always copied another artist.My brother liked the fact that i learned how to draw although i couldn't at first, but he always told me "Now, you're just copying what other people do. But what you really need to do is establish your own style. Make it unique. Make it your own."



From then on, i tried to not follow the stereotype. I took his advice to heart. So the cool kids at school wear Converse and All-Star to school. Why should i be like them? They are all the same, they look same. "Backpacks are for 2nd grader, high schoolers only wear slingbacks to school. If they're not designer's brand, then you aren't cool."

Why should i be yet another cliche?

But now that he doesn't draw anymore, he plays the guitar. Day and night, and night and day.

Home is much quieter when he's not around. Instead of the usual ticking of the clock sound at 3am in the morning, we hear Jimi Hendrix or Dream Theater blasting from his room.

Here's the sad part. I don't really know how to play musical instruments. Even my keyboarding skill sucks. My brother encouraged me to continue learning how to play the keyboard because according to him, "Maybe we can form an indie group or something."

Yeah,right. All my siblings as musicians? Like my parents would allow that!

As if we could be the next The Corrs. Bro would play the guitar, my sis would be the drummer, me the horrible keyboardist and singer, yayang would play the flute.

He has so many dreams and hope. Some may even sound ridiculous, but i admire him so much because he dares to dream. What dreams he could not achieve, i make them my inspirations. My muse.

By the way, thank you Ikram for making me listen to Coheed and foreign artists like Alizee and Superbus. Thank you for letting me know who Frank Zappa and Satriani are. I also appreciate your efforts in making sure i watch all the gross guy movies. bah.



Moving on, i'd like to talk about this one important issue about living together with your housemates. Respecting each other's privacy is important i think. In order to live together,we should have a mutual agreement on something if not everything. Right? Here, i'm not complaining about my housemates. I think they are quite decent, nothing to complain about really! =)

Just musing aloud, i think one common problem one might face when living together with housemates is when one's housemates bring friends home. I know it's not that big a deal, but out of respect for your housemates, inform your housemates that a friend is in the house.

Somewhere along the line of "My friend is coming, you might wanna close your door or maybe wear something decent."

This is to ensure that none of your housemates embarass themselves in front of the guest of course! Imagine,if one were wearing just shorts or God forbid, scantily clad in a towel....

One just might die of mortification!!! (o__O)

I am glad though that that never occured here at my student house. Thank you God for giving me such polite and well-mannered housemates~~ =)

Once or twice when i was, you could say,not quite presentable to the eyes of strangers, and my kind housemates informed me to 'hide' myself away~

Kind housemates, i am eternally grateful for respecting not only my privacy but also other people's.



I shall now click 'publish post'.



Until next week! tata~~ =)

4 comments:

  1. heee hee~!

    aku sangat suke ikram! tapi adoiyai~! knape lah dy dah ade gf...adoi.. hehe.. oh oh i love superbus too! hee hee.comel kan =)

    i heard of them dah lame dulu but heard them again on guitar hero! hehe my alltime favourite game~! hell yeah baby.

    nad....aku rindu kau.....oo ooh it would freakin awesome if we were housemates! haha and i would most probably be scantily clad in super shorts,being more unpresentable than u as always haha.

    love u so much~!!

    muah muah muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. to elya:
    err.. ok... whatever laa~ i'll be closing my eyes half of the time.

    to mud:
    ausmat is not???? no,no, cannot la! we must love ausmat!
    if we love it, then it will love us back~


    to fadli:
    alhamdulillah.... finally! =p

    ReplyDelete